Rescue the Perishing
C F C G C D Dm G
1) Res -cue the per -ish -ing, care for the dy -ing, Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;
2) Though they are slighting Him, still He is wait -ing, Waiting the pen -i -tent child to re-ceive;
3) Down in the hu -man heart, crushed by the tempt -er, Feelings lie buried that grace can re-store;
4) Res -cue the per -ish -ing, du -ty de -mands it; Strength for thy labor the Lord will pro-vide;
C F C G C Dm7 G C
1) Weep o’er the erring one, lift up the fall -en, Tell them of Je -sus, the might -y to save.
2) Plead with them earnestly, plead with them gent-ly; He will forgive if they on -ly be -lieve.
3) Touched by a loving heart, wakened by kind-ness, Chords that were broken will vi -brate once more.
4) Back to the narrow way pa -tient -ly win them; Tell the poor wand’ –rer a Sav -ior has died.
G C G C F C Dm7 G C
Rescue the perishing, care for the dying, Jesus is merciful, Je - sus will save.