Farther Along - W.B. Stevens and Jesse R. Baxter
D D7 G D Dm6 D A E7 A
1) Tempted and tried we're oft' made to won-der Why it should be thus all the day long.
2) Oft -en we won - der why we must journ- ey ov- er a road so rug -ged and steep.
3) Faith-ful to death is our lov - ing sav- ior a few more days lab - or and wait.
4) When we see Jes - us com - ing in glor –y, when He comes from His home in the sky.
D D7 G D Dm6 D A7 D
1) While there are oth-ers liv -ing a –bout us
-er mo -lested, though in the wrong. Nev
2) While there are oth-ers liv -ing in com-fort while with the lost we lab –or and weep.
3) Toils of the road will then be as noth -ing as we walk through that beautiful gate.
4) Then we shall meet Him in that bright man-sion We'll un -der -stand it all by and by.
D Dm6 D D7 G D Dm6 D A E7 A
Far-ther a - long we'll know all a-bout it Farther a - long we'll un –der -stand why.
D D7 G D Dm6 F A7 D
Cheer up my broth-er, live in the sun-shine We'll un –der - stand it all by and by.